The membership year runs from January to December but join
anytime and receive full benefits.
To join, please complete application form.
- Fees are available on application form
- A subscription to the Newfoundland Quarterly
- The Newfoundland Historical Society Newsletter three times a year
- 20% discount off recent Society publications
- A complimentary copy of Richard Whidborne’s Crosses and Comforts: The life and times of Captain Sir Richard Whitbourne.
- You help sustain the Society as an independent non-profit organization
- You add your voice to the Society's advocacy of heritage issues, such as putting history back in the Newfoundland high schools, a revitalisation of provincial historic sites designation, and a provincial heritage policy.
Joint membership NHS and Heritage Canada
The NHS offers a joint membership with Heritage Canada.
Heritage Canada’s regular membership fee is $35. If you combine it with an NHS membership, it is $25. Family memberships are regularly $70 - with the NHS joint membership, $50.
A Heritage Canada Foundation membership card will give you free entry into Canadian and American national historic sites, and British National Trust historic sites, a cost-saving bonus which is far greater than the membership fee.
When you pay your NHS membership, please obtain the Heritage Canada code from the NHS Office Manager. Then contact Heritage Canada and cite the code to get the discount.
Heritage Canada’s contact information:
5 Blackburn Avenue, Ottawa, K1N 8A2. Fax (613)237-5987.
Membership Profile(as of October 2006)