The membership year runs from January to December, but join any time and receive full benefits.
You can also join or renew your membership by printing and mailing our Paper Membership Form.
- Regular/Institutional Membership: $40.00 per year
- Lifetime: $400.00
Membership includes a subscription to Newfoundland Quarterly (Value $30.00 per year) and 30% off National Trust of Canada Membership.
- A subscription to Newfoundland Quarterly
- 20% discount off recent Society publications
- A complimentary copy of Richard Whidborne’s Crosses and Comforts: The life and times of Captain Sir Richard Whitbourne.
- You help sustain the Society as an independent non-profit organization.
- You add your voice to the Society’s advocacy of heritage issues, such as putting history back in the Newfoundland high schools, a revitalisation of provincial historic sites designation, and a provincial heritage policy.
Joint membership NLHS and National Trust for Canada
The NLHS offers a joint membership with National Trust for Canada.
National Trust for Canada’s regular membership fee is $40 + HST. If you combine it with an NHS membership, it is $28 + HST. Family memberships are regularly $70 + HST – with the NHS joint membership, $49 + HST.
A National Trust for Canada membership card will give you free entry into Canadian and American national historic sites, and British National Trust historic sites, a cost-saving bonus which is far greater than the membership fee.
When you pay your NLHS membership, please obtain the National Trust for Canada code from the NLHS Office Manager. Then contact National Trust for Canada and cite the code to get the discount.
National Trust for Canada’s contact information:
National Trust for Canada
190 Bronson Ave.
Fax: (613) 237-5987
Toll free: 1 (866) 964-1066